As an association we’re committed to the ethics & standards we present to our members and the general public. We’re also committed to ensuring those same standards are met by those whom are members of our body.
We strongly believe that;
- All applicants to our association are equal, regardless of age, gender, location, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, creed or any other personal preferences.
- Everybody has the right to be treated with respect and courtesy in a professional, friendly manor.
- Our members have the right to feel safe and protected when using our online resources & services.
- We have a duty of care to protect the security of our site & services for those whom use it.
- That everybody has a right to voice their opinions on how our Association should be run.
- That anybody who is found to be fraudulently presenting false documentation or grade, or behaving in a way that has, or is likely to, cause offensive, upset, hatred or violence shall be barred indefinitely.
- That only truly qualified & professional instructors, senseis, coaches and individuals should be granted membership to our Association.
- That our entry requirements must not only present some of the highest standards in our industry, they must also allow a fair & clearly understandable set of rulings and routes to allow memberships for those not yet up to grade.
We also believe that our members should;
- Hold all appropriate professional and personal qualifications, grades and training to do their job correctly.
- Behave in a way that is professional, courteous and kind, protecting the nature of respect & care that is a great part of our arts and disciplines.
- Feel safe and equipped to their job or teach their style freely without fear of violence, abuse or intimidation.
As an association we take strict & firm steps to ensure these ethics and standards are adhered to. We’re proud to be community run and currently hold one of the best reputations in our industry.
They are also in accordance with our Association Charter.